Please sponsor an effort to get a resolution passed in favor of our work! You may do so at any level of government: village, township, city, county, or state. If numerous supporting resolutions are passed throughout the country, the cumulative effect could be decisive. Just use the sample resolution below, verbatim, or adapted as you see fit …Further questions? Please send email to:
RESOLUTION IN SUPPORT
OF THE CITIZENS 9/11 COMMISSION CAMPAIGN
SECTION 1. The [insert name of state or local government here] hereby finds and declares all of the following:
(1) The events of September 11, 2001 have had a profound effect on the economic, political, social, and cultural well-being of the residents of [insert state or local government name here] , and of all citizens of the United States.
(2) Government investigations of those events that have been carried out to date have failed to adequately address significant questions relating to the truth of what occurred on that tragic day, and are therefore insufficient.
(3) [You may insert additional findings and declarations in support of the need for a new investigation here.]
(4) The Citizens 9/11 Commission Campaign, is pursuing a sound basis upon which to initiate and to provide the legal basis for an independent, comprehensive citizens’ investigation into the events of September 11, 2001.
(5) An endorsement of such an investigation, or of the work of the Citizens 9/11 Commission Campaign to create an investigation, does not in any way obligate [insert state or local government name here] to provide monetary or further support for that investigation.
SECTION 2. [Insert state or local government name here] hereby resolves: That truth in governance is essential to democracy, that past investigations into the events of September 11, 2001 have been insufficient, that there is an urgent need for a comprehensive and truly independent investigation into the events of September 11, 2001, and that we therefore endorse the efforts toward that end by the Citizens 9/11 Commission Campaign.